blog challenge I

00:16

Thought of doing something different on my blog since i feel that it's getting boring with my repetitive updates, so here i'm trying to try my luck to spice up this space a little by doing a blog challenge! initially i wanted to do a january 2015 blog challenge but i couldn't find it anywhere on the net, so i'm just doing one which i randomly came across - so here's the challenge!


Instead of doing one challenge a day, i'm going to answer EVERY challenge here in this post:

1. 20 FACTS ABOUT ME

I've done a "10 facts about me" challenge here before, so here's the link if you haven't read it yet: 10k + 10 things you probably didn't know about me so i would just share another 10 more here.

1) i really really love h2h talks, especially with people who i trust.
2) i can either be really OCD and clean or really be messy and dirty. there's no in between.
3) i'm health conscious. many may not believe this because most of the time i feast and indulge in good food, but generally i stick to healthier food options. i also HATE deep fried/fried chicken wings.
4) if i'm still not married when i'm really old, i might just want to convert into a nun or raise orphans by myself in my house :-)
5) family > everything else in the world.
6) my favourite food is salad. i can eat them for all three meals a day.
7) that being said, i used to hate veggies a lot, like really a lot. i was a full-time carnivore up till the age of 15.
8) i tend to overthink a lot at night before i sleep on bad nights, and that often happen when i'm kept up by the things that happened in the day or when i'm suddenly reminded of painful memories.
9) i like to express my thoughts often but i like to keep things on the inside to myself.
10) i really hate it when people say what they don't mean and don't mean what they say.

2. MY FAVOURITE QUOTE: "all good things come to an end."

3. WAYS TO WIN MY HEART
if you're a guy whom:
- is filial and loves his family members as much as i do
- knows his priorities well and have ambitions
- is polite to everyone, regardless of their social status
- isn't boring to talk with
- isn't a flirt and treats his girl well
- is generous with everything he has
- has a good character above everything else
- can play the piano (or guitar, but the former is preferred)
(and if you're buff, adventurous, tanned, fit, and any positive traits would be bonus points)

4. SONGS I CURRENTLY LOVE
i'm not the kind of person who's really into pop songs (because i prefer classical) but one of my favourite songs is "when i was your man" by bruno mars. some songs i usually listen to in my phone are an OST from "it's okay it's love", "she" by elvis costello, ed sheeran's and taylor swift's songs.

5. FEARS
this. i think i fear everything in life. i fear that i'd do badly in my academics, not being able to get into the course i want, not being able to get into a good university, not being able to live up to people's expectations, being fat, being too ugly and unwanted, being unloved, fear of not being good enough, not being able to fit in, being unhappy for the rest of my life, being unsuccessful, being a failure, fear that i'd hurt someone unintentionally, fear of getting hurt deeply, fear of being depressed, fear of hearing bad news, fear of anyone close to me contracting a disease, fear of falling in love, fear of trusting people too much, fear of not being strong enough, fear of getting hurt.............but ultimately, i think my biggest fear is having people leaving me. i know people come and go, but it really sucks when the person you wish who could have been there for you at least till the day you die leaves right before you or when you have to see them leave helplessly without knowing what else to do to bring them back.

6. PET PEEVES
i think my strongest pet peeve is seeing or hearing a single spoon and a fork intertwining together - i know it's weird but it actually makes me cringe a lot??? the sound of scratching metal is also probably one of the most disturbing sounds on earth...
or when i can't draw a straight line using a ruler, when someone tells me a promise he/she can't keep, when my pen ink leaks in the middle of writing, when i write a word incorrectly in an almost-perfect text or when an acne refuses to hide itself with the concealer i've just used.............

7. WHAT'S IN MY BAG
phone*, wallet*, earpiece, ex-link card, condo access card, sunglasses, house keys, make up pouch.

8. WORST HABITS
habit of sleeping late, biting my nails, peeling my nail polish off, peeling my toe nails when i'm bored :(

9. BEST PHYSICAL FEATURE
i don't think i've ANY nice physical feature, honestly speaking. but if i were to do plastic surgery one day i'd definitely do my nose first and my eyes second........so i guess the nicest/best physical feature would either be my thick-but-not-very-thick-also brows or my lips. :)

10. FEW OF MY FAVOURITE THINGS
"favourite" "things".......hmm this is pretty hard to come up with. but few of my favourite things would definitely be my most-commonly-used lipstick from shu uemura, my BED, my glass mason jar, polaroid photos, FOOD, cameras and korean dramas, if that's appropriate.

11. OUTFIT OF THE DAY
i used to post my ootd very often on instagram, but not anymore since i don't really have the chance to. and it's 2:25am now & i'm only stuck with my sleepwear...........so i'll skip this then hahaha


but here's my most recent ootd!

12. THINGS THAT MAKE MY DAY
this is so important to everyone!! hehe love making someone's day because it feels like all your efforts in the world have paid off after seeing someone smile. sweet messages early in the morning would definitely make my day (it would make anyone happy too), especially reading them right after you wake up. i'm not sure for the majority, but i'm someone who checks my phone right after i wake up, so it feels really heartwarming to get a sweet text from a friend. :)) also, i think that small things in life are really important and they are the ones who really make you happy! so a small gift or a compliment by anyone can make my day. even seeing a simple act of kindness acted by a stranger also makes me happy. :)

13. IF I WON THE LOTTERY
this wouldn't happen to me anytime soon in life since i don't buy the lottery......but anyway. if i won the lottery, i would give a quarter of it to my mum, a quarter of it for my grandparents and another quarter of it for the rest of my family members, then keep the rest for myself HAHA

14. AN AVERAGE DAY
this is pretty hard to answer too........since i'm still in the midst of a school holiday before school reopens, so everyday is pretty different for me. i've different plans on different days, so i guess it's hard to describe an "average" day. but if it was a stay-home-day, i'd sleep all the way till noon, get up and have brunch, lie in bed the whole day to watch my dramas and wait till dinner time to eat again. (HAHA that was my life before i found a job, don't judge.) usually i'd have work in the past few weeks so most of my time were always occupied with working and catching up with friends. other than that, i'd be more glad to stay at home and lie all day.

15. PHOTO OF YOUR HANDWRITING
sorry but i don't have a photo of anything i wrote hahaha

16. PROUDEST MOMENT
i don't exactly have a "proudest moment" since i don't have any moments when i'm proud of myself to begin with..............i don't remember anytime when i felt genuinely proud of myself. maybe only the little things like winning my family members/friends over a game or a dare, or winning my brother in a math test my father gave us when i was 8 while my brother was 10. :)

17. MEANING BEHIND MY BLOG NAME
this question is kinda cool HAHA but there's no exact meaning behind my blog name, it probably just came out of nowhere. wait, i think it was from the lyrics of a song. (it's the song intoxicated btw!)

18. MY COLLECTIONS
collections? i don't think i've any.............maybe clothes? hahaha OH and polaroid films!!

19. DIFFICULT TIME IN MY LIFE
i've had so many difficult times in my life, so where am i supposed to begin? the most painful memory came up to my mind immediately and i'd never forget the most difficult time in my life thus far. it was in 2012 when i lost the person i loved the most, that's all i can say. but another difficult time in my life would be studying for o's last year HAHA (that really sucked btw)

20. FAVE FOODS
my favourite food used to be pizza (like it was pizza pizza pizza since 1998) but sad (or glad?) to say that i don't love pizza as much as i used to......:( now, my ultimate favourite food is SALAD. i don't think anyone can ever understand my genuine love for salads HAHA i wouldn't mind if i had to eat them three meals a day. and also, i don't think anyone love salads as much as i do :))
but i LOVE food SO MUCH. so there's definitely more than just salads. i really love healthy food, smoothies, chocolates (not white), VEGGIES, FRUITS, hashbrowns, breads, ice cream, froyo, soups, DIMSUM(!!), EGGS*, sushi, korean food, fries, sausages, oyster omelette! (ps. i'm hungry now.)

21. BEST THING THAT HAPPENED THIS YEAR
it's barely a month into 2015, so i'd just wish that my new school life this year would be the best thing that happened. as for 2014, the best thing that happened was probably graduating from kc (like finally).

22. DREAM JOB
!!! being an oncologist has been my dream job since three years ago. :)) there's an underlying reason to it but i shouldn't share. i just hope that i can do well for A's, get into a good medical school in university and continue pursuing my studies in the medical field from there. & when the time comes and i'm officially an oncologist, there's also a particular hospital i'd like to work at.
having a doctor's dream still seems pretty unrealistic for me since i'm aware that it's super tough to get into medicine but i promise to at least TRY. :-(

23. FAVOURITE CHILDHOOD BOOK
i can't remember the books i've read as a child, but i remember going to the library often to borrow storybooks with my dad and brother. i remember that i really loved rainbow magic's books- the rainbow fairies!! really really loved them so much HAHA i miss those books so much right now it's crazy :(

24. FAVOURITE BLOGS
i don't know if this may seem weird to all of you, but i actually save blogs on the home screen of my iPhone so that i can easily access them when i want to. the most frequent blog i visit is jiaying's!! i read my friends' blogs too but 99% of them don't update HAHA so i'm stuck with refreshing their pages over and over again everytime :( and i also read qiuqiu's blog every now and then because she updates quite often! & xiaxue's/naomi neo's/celebrity blogger(s) ones when i've nothing else to do in my life.

25. OLD PHOTO OF ME



ummmm i was probably 5???

26. NOTE TO SOMEONE
i miss you a lot and it kills :(

27. WHAT I LOOK FORWARD TO 
definitely the rest of 2015!! i wouldn't say i'm exactly looking forward to all of it since i'm kinda scared of what the year may bring but i guess i shall look at the bright side of life and believe that 2015's going to be another great year. :)) i'm getting into a new school so i guess i'll have another new start from there, and i'm pretty excited!

28. PLACES I'VE TRAVELLED
i've been to quite a number of places already and i can't be more thankful for that. my first trip was to Perth, Australia in 2006. i went Bangkok, Thailand in 2007. Taipei, Taiwan and Penang, Malaysia in 2008. Malacca, Malaysia and Hong Kong in 2009. Malacca again and Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and Hatyai, Thailand in 2010. (and many trips to JB, Malaysia in between 2010-2011) Seoul, Korea in 2011. Seoul again in 2012. Genting, Bangkok, Paris, Switzerland, Italy, Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka in 2013. Osaka, Japan and Sydney, Australia in 2014.

29. WHAT'S IN MY MAKE UP BAG
i'd usually bring a small make up pouch in my bag when i'm out, & that usually contains my mini concealer from M.A.C, babylips lip balm from Maybelline, my usual lipstick from Shu Uemura, rouge/blusher from Chanel and a falsies mascara from Maybelline as well. (but i don't touch up when i'm outside except my lipstick.)

30. WHY I BLOG
http://shot-of-whiskey.blogspot.sg/2013/12/why-i-started-blogging.html 

^ here you go ^

but i blog...........simply because i love it :]


i'm finally done!

xoxo,
cheryl



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe