a life of purpose

21:53


Rick Warren: A life of purpose



Watched this video last Sunday and I thought it was a really good speech. Sharing because I think you should watch it too. :)

"What's in your hand?" What do you have that you've been given? Talent, background, education,freedom, networks, opportunities, wealth, ideas, creativity. What are you doing with what you've been given? That, to me, is the primary question about life. That, to me, is what being purpose-driven is all about. In the book, I talk about how you're wired to do certain things, you're "SHAPED" with -- a little acrostic: Spiritual gifts, Heart, Ability, Personality and Experiences. These things shape you. And if you want to know what you ought to be doing with your life, you need to look at your shape -- "What am I wired to do?" Why would God wire you to do something and then not have you do it? If you're wired to be an anthropologist, you'll be an anthropologist. If you're wired to be an undersea explorer, you'll be an undersea explorer. If you're wired to make deals, you make deals. If you're wired to paint, you paint.So my advice to you is: look at what's in your hand -- your identity, your influence, your income -- and say, "It's not about me. It's about making the world a better place."

Have a good friday night everyone, do remember to recharge during the weekends. x 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe