gratitude

17:06

since 2013 is coming to an end soon, i wanted to blog about something meaningful for the last (or last few) posts for the year. [well not really, I've another post in my drafts. topic: guys and love // wanted to blog about it since last year]
this is probably (ok 80% most likely) to be my last post of 2013 because december has been a hectic month for me as i'm busy doing cip & struggling to complete my homework & of course also struggling to get away from my dramas. and i'm going overseas on the last week of december so i think i won't have time to blog about the trip or anything else till 2014 next year, so here it is!
gratitude.
what are the things you are grateful for this year?
extra money in the piggybank? more friends? good grades? for the people who stood by you throughout everything? health? life? sleep? food?
there's too many things to be grateful about.
and of course, its crazy to name down everything that you're grateful for because the list just goes down and down and down. so just think about the things that have really made an impact on your life, what are the things you feel strongly about?
some people may also think about the unhappy things that happened this year so if you're doing some serious thinking in your head right now (like me) AND if you think you can sort out your mind better if you list down the happy & unhappy things, then go ahead and do so.
i'm not preaching (and also not trying to) but its just a really simple question to ask yourself.
last year, at some point of time, i began to jot down the things i'm grateful for during that day in my mini notebook. i would list down 5 things i'm grateful for each day.......even though sometimes they are repititive (oops). & being the typical lazy cheryl, i stopped after a few days because i got tired of being so repititive.
you might be thinking that i must be crazy, but i got really inspired by xiaxue's post about "the secret" (posted last year). she blogged about the book "secret" (which i wanted to buy since a year ago lol and obviously still haven't bought it yet) & her questions really hit me hard because i'm definitely not the type that goes into "self-reflection mode" everyday or all the time.
i'm just like 'lol who cares, i can't bother to give two fucks about my life.'
i'm so NOT the "spiritual" kind of person that goes into deep thinking while meditating or anything because i can't meditate for nuts. or in short, i can't even be at peace for 1 second.

and so........

The book states that whatever you are grateful for, you will get more of. Whatever you take for granted, whatever little you have will be taken away from you.

all you have to ask yourself again & all over again,


 

to sum it all, gratitude is the best attitude.

 

Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger to a friend. -Melody Beattie
and if I were to write down the things i'm grateful for...

1) MY FAMILY.
I can't even express how grateful i'm to be in this family - I know I might have said it umpteen times before. i'm grateful for meeting my dad in this life, even though he's not here anymore. even though he only spent 14 years together with me, i'm still very grateful for having such an amazing father. people say that daughters would be closer to their dads instead of their mums, I guess that's true. not like i'm not close with my mum but i'm close to my mum & extremely close to my dad. hehe.
these 14 years with you have been great - thanks for being with me by my side, even up till now. you definitely deserve the "world's best dad" trophy.
i'm grateful for my mum - for giving me all the things I've wanted ever since i was young, and tolerating with my pms-bitch attitude all the time & doing her best being a mother. ily.
i'm grateful for my brother - for being my part-time boyfriend throughout my teenage years hahaha (ever since i became a teen, which was 2 years ago). my brother is like a second "dad" to me, cos hes the second closest best guy friend i have. we talk about everything and anything when we have nothing else to do and i have to admit he's really annoying at times ( when he brings food into my room / when he goes into my room for no absolute reason / when he lies on my pillow or blanket or idk anything that i'm gonna use when i sleep / being so lazy all the time ). i know that many friends are envious of me because i have an older brother, well i guess i'm lucky then. cos they say that older brothers tend to look out for their younger sister more than anyone else in the world (but that's like 95% false because i look out for him more than he does). sometimes i wish that i could see guys like how i see my brother because i'm always super awkward with guys around sigh.
i'm grateful for my sister - well not really hahaha okay 10% of gratitude should be good enough. even though her existence doesn't matter in my life or anything but i must also admit that sometimes i laugh because of her (shes a joker sometimes because shes so ridiculous lol)
i'm also grateful for my grandparents / grandaunts / aunts / cousins - i'm grateful for grandpa soo for telling me his "life history" all the time and doting on me so much, and grandma soo for cooking all my favourite dishes all the time ♡♡♡♡ and my fav six aunt (who squeezed me to death while hugging me last night) for doting me since i was born ♡ and my cousins who are really crazy and fun to be with at times. ♡
2) MY FRIENDS.
i'm very grateful for the friends i met in kc - for these 3 years of my life. i'm extremely extremely grateful for being there for me all the time. if i were to list every single friends whom i'm grateful about i'll probably take more than 10 days hahaha and i don't wanna drag this post too long so i'm gonna keep this to myself! the friends whom i'm grateful for - you know who you are!

3) i'm grateful for everything that happened this year, be it good or bad.
-this pretty much sums up everything that I've to say because if i were to list down everything i think i'll go crazy first. many good & bad things happened to me this year but nevertheless i'm grateful even for the bad ones.

as they say,

 
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

things are meant to happen in one way or two but if you're still breathing now it means you have lived through it. the things that made life seem so much tougher - you've fought through all of it.
you're strong, don't forget that. don't let the monsters that live inside your head consume you. instead, always look on the bright side of life and face every obstacles with your chins lifted up! life becomes easier when you look at the bright side of life - it isn't easy but its worth it.
just be yourself and live well!
"I've learned that you can't please everyone. so don't even try it. it's a waste if time trying to make everyone like you. Just be you. I've learned the hard way and in the end, some people are just so full of hate that no matter what you say or do, they will always have something to say. they will never like you. so fuck them." - Megan Fox
things that are meant to be, are meant to be.
xoxo,
cheryl





 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe