The scars that never heal.

12:35


There are some scars that never heal.

They are the scars that have been opened and opened again. The scars that feel the same blade over and over again. The scars that could have been healed, but never did.

Once, you asked me why there was a scar on my arm. I remember the glint in your eyes as I tried to mumble one of the million lies I could think of.

There are some scars that never heal.

They are the scars that were left for a purpose. They are the scars with reasons. They are the scars with no empty nothings, but with promised everythings.

Those are the scars that never heal because they were left bleeding time and time again. And if I told you that you were the reason behind it, would it leave you the same scar I had?

Those scars never healed because I never allowed them to. Those are the scars that never fade because I made them stay. Those are the scars I'll never forget even as years go by, and the scars that will never leave.

Once, you asked me why there was a scar on my arm. I whispered into your ears and told you that I have always tried my best to make people and things stay, even if they never did.

I guess I grew up believing that everyone would leave me if I don't hang onto them long enough. If I haven't tried begging for them to stay, or if I don't cry and and say please long enough.

You asked me why I had a scar on my arm. I told you, that if I can't make people stay, I will try my best to make things stay.

Darling, all good things come to an end. But scars are not necessarily good things, so they will never end. They are the scars that will never leave me.

So please, if you ever beg me not to open the scars on myself ever again, don't. I've had enough closed doors on my face and been on my knees long enough asking for people to stay. If you are ever going to promise me that you will always stay, don't. I've heard enough promises and had enough bittersweet lies.

Everything is temporary. So I try my best to make them permanent. If I can't make you stay, then I'll make my scars stay.

And they are going to be the scars that never heal. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe